PlayStation Vita titles dominate UK Top 40 Software Sales charts
In the first week of its worldwide release, PlayStation Vita titles claimed the top spots in the UK all-format charts.
PlayStation Vita exclusives Uncharted: Golden Abyss and FIFA Football claimed the first and second sales spot, respectively, in this week's UKIE GfK Chart-Track All Formats Top 40.
Of the 23 launch titles available for the PS Vita, Uncharted: Golden Abyss claimed 31% of the Vita's total software sales, with EA's FIFA Football accounting for an additional 18%.
Ubisoft's Rayman Origins release on the PlayStation Vita helped propel the game 31 spots to place fifth, with the Vita version debuting at number four on the Vita Top 20. Other Vita games managing making the top 40 include WipEout 2048 (11th place), Ridge Racer (28th) and Everybody's Golf (32nd).
The largest non-Vita laucnh is EA's FPS Syndicate reboot, which placed 7th in sales. Previous number one, UFC Undisputed 3 dropped to third, while FIFA 12 placed fourth.
Below are the UK Top 20 for the full week ending February 25th:
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Sony)
- FIFA Football (EA)
- UFC Undisputed 3 (THQ)
- FIFA 12 (EA)
- Rayman Origins (Ubisoft)
- Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
- Syndicate (EA)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
- Battlefield 3 (EA)
- Final Fantasy XII-2 (Square Enix)
- Wipout 2048 (Sony)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- Skylanders: Spyro’s Adventure (Activison)
- Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft)
- The Last Story (Square Enix)
- Zumba Fitness (505 Games)
- Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (Bethesda)
- The Darkness II (2K Games)
- Rage (Bethesda)
- Saints Row: The Third (THQ)
Overall, Sony has to be pretty pleased with the Vita's debut in the UK. After slow sales in Japan led to worries for the Vita's worldwide release, Sony remained optimistic that the system's handheld titles appealed more to the western markets.