PlayStation Vita system software update version 1.61 now available
Although the PlayStation Vita doesn't officially release until tomorrow, Sony has released a brand new software update for the early adopters.
In preparation for tomorrow's worldwide launch, Sony has made PS Vita system software update version 1.61 available for download. Technically available since last night, the new update will add the following features when you turn on your PlayStation Vita:
- A new application, (Maps), has been added to the home screen.
- In addition to photos, you can now take videos using the Photo application.
- You can now publish stories about the products that you rate in PlayStation Store to Facebook.
- In near, players’ information is now displayed on the Discoveries screen. On this screen, a list of the online IDs of up to 100 players that you have encountered, and the number of times that you encountered each player, are displayed. Tap an online ID to display that player’s profile screen.
- The Mac OS version of Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation has been released. The Windows version has also been updated.
For those who have already updated the PS Vita to 1.60, 1.61 will "improve certain aspects of the system software."
To update the firmware on your PS Vita:
- Select “System Update” under the “Settings” menu and download the firmware directly to your PS Vita over Wi-Fi.
- Connect your PS Vita to a PS3 or a PC/Mac and update via Content Manager.