PlanetSide 2's Hossin update is live; here are the patch notes
The eagerly awaited Hossin Update is now live in PlanetSide 2, Sony Online Entertainment announced today. The update adds a ton of new content and features including the new Hossin continent, continent locking, outfit recruiting, outfit decals, and the expected bug fixes.
The most exciting feature is the arrival of Hossin. The new continent contains over 80 new bases for the three warring factions of the game to battle over; but, even though the new continent is live, community manager Tony Jones notes that it's "not ready yet."
"As mentioned by Creative Director Matt Higby last week, all Hossin bases aren’t quite where the team wants them just yet. Don’t worry, there is plenty of content absolutely ready to go, but the pieces that need additional work will continue to be added and improved over time. The team wants your feedback on the continent, so after you try it out, take a few minutes to let us know how you feel about it."
Below are the full patch notes for the Hossin update, along with explanations for the new features.
Continents can now be locked to a conquering empire in one of two ways:
- Dominate the continent by owning at least 94% of the territory
- Win an alert
- When a continent locks, the conquering empire automatically captures all remaining regions on the continent
- All players on the locked continent will be prompted to redeploy to another continent.
- A maximum of 2 continents can be locked at any one time.
- Whenever a continent is locked the oldest existing locked continent will automatically unlock.
- A Continent Benefit is now only active while the continent is locked.
Continent Benefits have changed:
- Amerish gives -50% Infantry Purchases (up from -10% Aerospace Purchases)
- Esamir gives -50% Mechanized Purchases (up from -10% Mechanized Purchases)
- Indar gives -50% Aerospace Purchases (up from -10% Infantry Purchases)
- Hossin gives +25% XP (new) (It's almost like we want you to play there!)
- To accommodate continent locking, Global Alerts have been removed from the game, meaning every alert is now specific to a continent
- When a continent is unlocked the warpgates on that continent will rotate, and territory will be reset to a default starting configuration for each warpgate. (Tired of your warpgate location? Now you can fix it)
- Warpgates will no longer rotate every other week and are now exclusively rotated via continent locking.
- Do you run an outfit? Looking for some new blood? List your outfit in the brand new recruiting system.
- Are you looking to join an outfit? Want to meet some new friends? Find an outfit to join in the brand new recruiting system.
- To list your outfit go to the outfit screen and there is a Manage Recruitment button.
- To view recruiting outfits, go to the outfits button on the social tab. On the main page is a button to find an outfit.
- Your outfit can now select a decal to represent yourselves.
- Purchase Infantry or Vehicle Outfit decals in their Depot categories for 100 SC or 250 Certs
- Equip like a normal decal. If you’re in an outfit and the outfit has a decal selected, the decal will display as the selected decal. (How many times can we say decal? You'd be surprised!)
- If you’re not in an outfit, the decal will not display. (So just join and stay in an outfit already)
Outfit Base Capture:
- When your outfit captures a base your outfit’s decal will be displayed on the faction banners at the base, on the scoreboard, and on the map. (We got tired of some of you "marking" the map. Infantry are provided latrines).
- An outfit is recognized as being the captors by being the highest scoring outfit during the base’s capture
- For now, this score is simply the cumulative score of the outfit members that participated in the base capture (i.e. the scores that are displayed on the scoreboard). (If you are bad at math, just have everyone try harder ok?)
- The descriptions on the Medical Applicator now list the hotkeys required for healing and reviving. (Some of you were just mashing 5 keys and getting lucky).
Adjusted ranges of “Enter Vehicle” and “Equipment Terminal” interactions on Sunderer.
- Change reduces overlap and is intended to reduce the chances of accidentally triggering the interaction you don’t want.
- When the vehicle is deployed, you will need to get closer to the terminal and closer to the vehicle.
- When the vehicle is undeployed there should be no change in the enter vehicle interaction.
- A lattice link has been added between TI Alloys and Ceres Hydroponics on Indar.
- Desynch fix for multiple situations. (This should improve a number of issues some of you have been reporting but poor accuracy is still in your hands)
- Fixed focus issues with the chat window after hitting escape.
- Fixed an issue where thermal optics for the Dual-75 Duster were not set up like other belly guns.
- The TR Honeycomb camo will now scale correctly.
- Updated the descriptions for Liberator belly weapons to be more accurate with recent changes.
- The unpurchasable magazine size certification should no longer appear for the Hyena Missile Launcher. (In this particular case, size didn't matter)
- Camo will now apply correctly to the Bruiser Plating and Scrapper Vanguard attachments.
- Kills caused by explosions will no longer grant double experience. (This doesn't mean you should stop doing it because come on...it's entertaining right?)
- Equipping the Ammunition Package during a weapon reload will no longer skip the reload animation.
- Adjusted the Ammunition Package so that it it less likely to continuously shake when thrown on uneven terrain. (See? You thought you were just really nervous.)
- Fixed an issue where tank reverse turning speed would change when toggling the ‘Invert Reverse Steering for Tanks’ option. (We really can't make this stuff up....)