Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War launches on Facebook
Pirates of the Caribbean: Isles of War, a new game based on Disney's hit motion picture franchise, has launched on Facebook. Though technically labeled a "beta" it seems the game is fully functional, allowing you to take part in real-time combat against other players and pirates as you build a reputation to be the baddest pirate in the Caribbean.
Since it's based on the wildly popular film franchise, you can expect guest appearances from iconic characters such as Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones, and Hector Barbossa.
I've only played a smidgen of the game, but from what I can tell it's your standard Facebook game setup. You have a base that you can use to expand your fleet. You manage resources, upgrade buildings, build ship, and -- of course -- wait around a lot while you wait for it all to complete. An alternative is paying to build faster.
Below is the official description of features within the game:
- Build multiple fleets and battle enemies in five-on-five, real-time strategy, naval combat action.
- Explore the open Caribbean world to encounter a wide variety of enemies and allies.
- Construct and upgrade buildings to gain more resources, better ships, more types of officers and stronger base defenses.
- Gather resources through plundering enemies, trading with neutral towns and other players, and harvesting from a base.
- Engage with other players by building alliances or competing in massive player vs. player battles.