Perfect World International Launches Open Beta
September 2, 2008
PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL LAUNCHES OPEN BETA
Popular Free-To-Play MMORPG Provides All Gamers Open Access to Full Game
Perfect World Entertainment Inc, a wholly owned US subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd., today announced the beta for its highly anticipated online game "Perfect World International" is now open to all gamers. As the closed beta comes to an end, new and existing gamers will be provided open access to "Perfect World International" where they can fully immerse themselves in the expansive world and create permanent characters that will remain in the game through launch and beyond.
"With millions of players worldwide and a successful closed beta launch in North America, we are excited to now introduce an even larger audience of gamers to Perfect World International as it enters the open beta phase," said Dr. Alan Chen, CEO of Perfect World Entertainment Inc. "We are confident that our premium content, skillful approach to game design, and excellent execution will redefine the free-to-play market in North America while establishing Perfect World Entertainment as a leading provider of interactive entertainment."
"Perfect World International" is the English-based, international version of Perfect World II, one of the most successful 3D MMORPGs worldwide. With its expansive feature set and unique artistic elegance, "Perfect World International" offers an immersive online world that players can enter free of charge, earning in-game currency to upgrade their character and further enhance their game play experience. The game features one of the most in-depth character creation interfaces seen in any game to date, numerous quests full of lore and depth, and an extensive selection of items and fashions. Unique MMORPG features such as Territory Wars will delight gamers and increase replay value as they explore and battle across the ever-expanding game world.
Additional game features include:
- 3 Unique Classes – Human, Winged Elf, and the Untamed, each with their own look, feel, and game mechanics. Each character class has different skill trees, which cater to the user's visual tastes as well as their intrinsic needs as a gamer.
- Guild/Clan System – Guilds enable chat between members, creation of guild emblems, guild versus guild battles, and control of existing territories.
- Territory Wars – Guilds can own territories and battle for their control. Weekly battles support up to 80 vs. 80 and winners receive a virtual monetary reward determined by the amount of territory occupied.
- Mount System – Large selection of custom mounts, including flying mounts and the unique ability to mount and carry other players. Players have the unique ability to fight while on their mounts both in PvP (Player vs. Player) and PvE (Player vs. Environment).
- Costumes – Players have the ability to fully express themselves through their in-game characters by customizing clothing, and creating fully personalized avatars. These customization items can be bought from the item mall or traded with other players in the game.
- Free Roaming Map – Large variety of terrains and scenery and no "zoning" or front loading when entering a new area.
- Consequence – Character abilities change based on their decisions and their allegiance to good and evil as they align themselves with either side.
- Marriage System – Both players will have an online notice, and a wife/husband title. Marriage requires an item from the Cash Shop which is worth around 30$ in Perfect World item shop currency.
- Crafting System – Players can select and raise four different crafting skills. Blacksmithing (creates weapons), Tailoring (creates armor), Jewelry (creates various jewelry and arrows), and Pharmacist (creates potions and hierograms).
- World Events – Aside from day-to-day game play, players can also participate in World Events that regularly take place in the game and allow players to obtain unique items. These include treasure hunts, horse races, jungle ruins quests, etc.
- Exceptional Localization – Perfect World Entertainment has gone through great lengths to fully re-localize Perfect World into English, while at the same time ensure that the Chinese mythology and lore continue to enrich the end-user's experience.
Players can find additional information on "Perfect World International" and gain access to the game by visiting: http://www.perfectworld.com.