PDC World Championship Darts 2008 In Stores Today on Wii
February 8, 2008
PDC World Championship Darts 2008 – In Stores Today on Wii
Eagerly anticipated Darts game for Wii is on sale today with demand already outstripping supply
PDC World Championship Darts 2008 hits the stores today on Wii with some retailers already sold out of their allocation.
"We knew demand for Darts on Wii would be high given it's a perfect fit for the console, but the level of pre-orders and sales has even exceeded our expectations" explained Jim Scott CEO of Oxygen Games.
"Darts 2008 has been one of the highest pre-ordered games on the Wii and we are working hard to make more stocks available" Jim Scott added.
PDC Darts 2008 on Wii allows players to immerse themselves in the realism of the sport, and go head-to-head with the greatest PDC Champions.
PDC Darts 2008 has been carefully crafted, allowing players to throw using the Wii Remote as they would a real dart. "Using the Wii remote to throw the dart is the closest thing to real darts yet – GAME ON” – Phil Taylor, 13 Times World Champion.
- 16 PDC Champions to play as or compete against, including: Phil Taylor, Raymond van Barneveld, Peter Manley, Wayne Mardle, Dennis Priestley, Adrian Lewis, Alan Warriner-Little, John Part, Colin Lloyd, Mark Dudbridge, Roland Scholten, Ronnie Baxter, Terry Jenkins, Kevin Painter, Andy Hamilton and Andy Jenkins.
- Player AI is calculated using real life averages from major tournaments and also based on actual playing characteristics i.e. stamina, belief, pressure, complacency and accuracy
- PDC Pro animations - throw styles and walk on’s - have been mo-capped and are full integrated.
- 4 Games Modes: Exhibition, Tournament, Career and Party Games.
- In depth career mode, realistically reflecting a players progress through the PDC calendar, featuring 7 of the major PDC tournaments
- Three difficulty levels for extended play and learning curves; Amateur, Professional and Master.
- Character Editor: Customizable elements include player model, skin tone, eye color, nationality, name, hairstyle, hair color, eyewear, shirt style and color, throwing angle, level of difficulty i.e. meter on (Amateur) or off (Pro and Master) and preferred checkout. Select from a range of barrel weights and different flight designs.
- Commentary from TV’s ‘Voice of Darts’ Sid Waddell and top level match referee Bruce Spendley.
- 7 real-world tournament sets and locations common to the PDC circuit.
- Game stats displayed in-game, at the end of match and stored as high-scores and trivia.
- Sound effects including convincing dynamic crowd sounds, darts hitting the board and commentary.
- Wii Remote sensitivity option – change the sensitivity of the Wii Remote to tailor to your own throw style.
Immerse yourself in the realism of PDC Darts 2008; Go head-to-head with the greatest PDC Champions and be part of the year’s most fierce console Championship.
Pure Darts… Out on now on Wii, PlayStation 2 and PC - Game On!
For further information on the game visit www.dartsthegame.com