OUYA consoles will ship out to Kickstarter backers in March, lots of games incoming
Those of us, myself included, who backed this ambitious little cube of Android-based gaming, can expect to get our hands on it quite soon. The OUYA team has officially announced that the console will begin shipping out to Kickstarter backers on March 28th. Kickass!
However the OUYA would be just a cute little paperweight without some sweet games to play. So what can backers expect to play on this magical cube of gaming? Apparently we have a lot to look forward to. Kim Swift of Portal and Quantum Conundrum has revealed she's working on a brand new exclusive game, stating “We truly feel that this platform will give us the freedom to fully realize the funky, unique game we have in mind." Those that worry that the OUYA will be home to strictly casual games can rest easy, as Kim reveals "Though the title will definitely appeal to core gamers in terms of skill and difficulty, it really has a completely unexpected, imaginative slant that’s totally at home on this console."
That's not all though, Minority Media of Papo & Yo fame are developing an adventure puzzler that takes full advantage of the touchpad. Tripwire Interactive is bringing their game The Ball to OUYA in March, as well as a new, exclusive title. For those who prefer their game more hack-n-slashy will want to pay attention to nWay's ChronoBlade.
Lastly, the winners of the 10-day game jam were announced, and will be making their way to OUYA consoles soon. Those games were:
- CREATE Grand Prize: Strange Happenings on Murder Island (Free Lives)
- Most Surprising: Television (Laboratory Games LLC)
- Four Bright Buttons and Two Sticks: Bombball (E McNeill)
- Most Immersive: Whispering Willows (Night Light Interactive)
- Pop Your Eyes Out: Pipnis (Santa Ragione)
- Best Couch with Friends Games: 2D Cube Zombie Platformer (Molinware)
- Best Game Created Using Unity Engine: Stikbold (Team Stikbold)