Optional PS3 update 4.53 adds closed captions and improves system stability
Sony has released the latest update for PlayStation 3, version 4.53, which the company has said is optional to download. The update includes a number of additions, most notable being the ability to set the group of players who can see your trophies and close caption settings for Blu-Rays and DVDs.
Below is the official change-log for PS3 update 4.53:
Main features in system software update version 4.53 (with 4.50)
- You can now set the group of players who can see your trophies. You can also specify for each game whether to show trophies.
The PS3™ system can now perform the following operations when you set [System Settings] > [Automatic Update] to [On], even if you do not subscribe to PlayStation®Plus. When this setting is [On], the PS3™ system will automatically start each day at the specified time, perform these operations, and then turn off.
- Download content items purchased with other devices
- Download the latest system software
- Support of Closed Captions function on playing Blu-ray Disc™ videos and DVDs (SCEA UC model only). “Blu-ray Disc™” and "Blu-ray™" are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Other new or revised features in version 4.53 (with 4.50)
- Closed Captions Settings] has been added under [Video Settings]. Set [Display Closed Captions as Specified by Content] to [Off] to adjust advanced settings for the display method.
- "PlayStation®Network" has been renamed "PSNSM".
- System stability during use of PlayStation®3 format software and network services has been improved.
You can download the latest update via your PS3 syste update feature or through your PC.