Official patch notes for today's GTA 5 title update, coming tomorrow to Xbox 360
Rockstar has finally posted the official change-log to today's 1.03 update for Grand Theft Auto 5. As previously hinted at, the update addresses the reported issues of game progress lost in GTA Online as well as "other technical fixes, tweaks, and enhancements."
The highlight of the patch is a fix to resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure." Rockstar says a fix for that is currently being worked on and will provide an update as soon as they know when it will be resolved.
In the meantime, here are the rest of the fixes in the title update:
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match
While the update was made available for PlayStation 3 earlier today, Rockstar expects the Xbox 360 version to go live "by tomorrow at the latest."
"We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue – please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this," the studio concluded.
Until you download the update, the best way to minimize chances of any further data loss is to not either select the "Retry" option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online if greeted with the "Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable" message.