NVIDIA releases PC System Requirements for Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Ghosts releases on November 5 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with releases on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to follow soon after. If you plan on getting it for the PC, NVIDIA released the game's PC requirements on their GeForce site yesterday.
As Call of Duty improves and continues onto the next generation of consoles, it's reasonable to expect the PC requirements to increase. And so, here's what you'll need...
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- RAM: 6 GB RAM
- HDD: 50 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
- DirectX: 11
- Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.
While the minimum video card required is a GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870, the recommended video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780.
What a coincidence... NVIDIA just cut some of the prices of their video cards. Sites like Newegg and TigerDirect will now carry the GTX 660 for $179, the GTX 650 Ti BOOST 2GB for $149, and the GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 1GB for $129. If you want to get close to the GTX 780, the GTX 760 sits at $249 and the 770 coming close to $400.