Nintendo NX details possibly leaked by survey
Filed Under: Is this real-life or is this just fantasy
Since March of last year, Nintendo fans have been patiently waiting for Nintendo to offer further clarification on the Nintendo NX, the next "dedicated game system" from the game developer/publisher. Nintendo has offered little details on the NX, other than they consider it a home console.
Since Nintendo has been frugal on NX details, fans have turned their attention to patents being filed for the game console that have revealed what Nintendo might be planning with the NX. So far, patents have suggested that the NX will feature a secondary detachable gaming device, a free-form display for a controller/handheld device and a diskless stationary game console.
Apparently, a Nintendo client has sent out a survey on the Nintendo NX and it offers potential details on the upcoming console, pretty much echoing what the patents have suggested.
- Exclusive game franchises featuring Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong and more.
- Connect with other Nintendo players around the world via the Nintendo Network
- Gameplay flows between Nintendo NX console and Nintendo NX handheld device
- Earn and share gaming achievements, triumphs and defeats with your gaming friends and the Nintendo gaming community
- Surf the Web or make video calls on your TV
- Supports 4K/60fps video streaming
- Gameplay graphics at 900p/60fps
What's in the Box:
- Nintendo NX Console
- Sensor Bar
- Game Controller
- HDMI Cable
The rumor's source was not made public. Liam Robertson (via NeoGaf), the individual that shared the information, says that he is not "the source of this image" and "didn't take any surveys." He was sent images of the survey and "cropped it for their anonymity." Robertson went on say he 'knows the source' of the survey, and that the survey itself is real, but acknowledges that it might not contain accurate information as survey gauge interest on potential features.