Nintendo 3DS dominates software sales in Japan, Mario Kart 7 sells over 100K copies
Today, Media Create has released the sales numbers for hardware and software in Japan for the final week of 2011. Earlier we reported that the NIntendo 3DS led all hardware, selling about 200,000 units - 130,000 more than any other system.
Continuing its hotstreak, the Nintendo 3DS dominated in software sales as well. 3 of the top 5 selling games in Japan are from the Nintendo 3DS.
Leading all games in sales was Mario Kart 7 which sold 109,463 copies. Following it closely was Monster Hunter Tri G which also broke the 100,000 mark. Super Mario 3D Land fell a spot, but still landed in 4th selling 68,483 copies.
In all, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land have sold over 1 million copies each since their release.
Below are the Top 10 best selling games in Japan for the week of December 26 to January 1:
- Mario Kart 7 - 3DS - 109,463
- Monster Hunter Tri G - 3DS - 100,042
- Warriors Orochi 2 - PS3 - 73,526
- Super Mario 3D Land - 3DS - 68,483
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 61,202
- Inazuma Eleven Go: Shine/Dark - 3DS - 47,938
- Just Dance Wii - 33,347
- Kirby's Return to Dream Land - Wii - 24,067
- Wii Party - Wii - 22,932
- SD Gundam G Generation 3D - 3DS - 20,427
In all, the Nintendo Wii had the most games in the Top 30 with 11. The Nintendo 3DS had 6, followed by the PS3 with 5. The slow moving PlayStation Vita had only 2 games in the top 30 in sales.