New Patch for Red Faction: Guerrilla
August 6, 2009
RED FACTION®: GUERRILLA GETS NEW WRECKING CREW MODE, MATCHMAKING UPDATES AND MORE IN NEW PATCH; DOUBLE XP OFFERED THIS WEEKEND ONLY
THQ Inc. today announced the release of a patch for its critically acclaimed shooter Red Faction®: Guerrilla. The patch is live now, and will enhance the game’s extensive multiplayer offerings, delivering a new Wrecking Crew mode, matchmaking updates and much more. From August 6 through August 9 Double XP will be offered for Multiplayer.
- New Wrecking Crew mode: “Challenge Mode” introduces three rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all three rounds in an attempt to get the highest score possible. All wrecking crew modes, including Challenge Mode, can now be played in single player.
- Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Scores are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how you’re doing against your friends and the world. Leaderboards are only available for Challenge Mode.
- Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus Wrecking Crew levels are now unlocked for everyone, delivering 10 additional levels.
- Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Custom matches now offer the ability to prevent specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level.
- XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
- Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that has not been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the “Working the Land” achievement/trophy.
- Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, which will be released on August 13th.
- House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after the last mission is completed.
- Convoy spawning is now fixed after the last mission is completed (previously, some convoys were prevented from spawning).
- Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed
- Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the "Any Playlist" selection option
- Ties no longer count as losses on the multiplayer leaderboards
About Red Faction Guerrilla
Red Faction: Guerrilla is a 3rd person, open-world shooter for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. set on Mars, 50 years after the events of the original Red Faction®. Players take on the role of freedom fighter Alec Mason, with the newly re-established Red Faction movement, as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force (EDF). Throughout their fight for freedom, players can carve their own path, wreaking havoc across the vast, open-world environment of Mars, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos. Utilizing improvised weapons, explosives and re-purposed mining equipment and vehicles, Red Faction: Guerrilla allows players to tear through fully destructible environments in a Martian landscape swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire. Red Faction: Guerrilla features a robust multiplayer experience, including several modes focused on destruction-based game-play. For more information, please visit www.redfaction.com.