New League of Legends champ 'Quinn and Valor' revealed
Quinn and Valor, Demacia's Wings, is the newest champion coming to the Fields of Justice in the upcoming League of Legends patch. The duo work in tandem using agility and precise attacks. In case you're wondering, Quinn is the human, Valor is the bird. Quinn and Valor have already been teased by Riot Games through their Facebook, giving her story through an illustrated journal. It's really quite cool and hopefully Riot does more of this for other champions. We've also learned the reasons behind her art style (not being over-sexualized) by Senior Concept Artist Michael 'Riot IronStylus' Maurino. Now, it's time to take a look at her abilities.
- Harrier (Passive): Valor periodically marks enemies as Vulnerable. Quinn's first attack against Vulnerable targets will deal bonus physical damage.
Blinding Assault: Quinn sends Valor forth in a straight line skillshot. Valor stops at the first enemy struck, damaging and briefly blinding all nearby enemies.
- Tag Team: Valor damages and blinds all nearby enemies.
- (Passive): Attacking a Vulnerable target will increase Quinn’s Attack Speed for a few seconds.
- (Active): Valor rushes to the skies, revealing a large area around Quinn, including all brush and non-stealthed units.
- (Passive): Valor gains a large amount of Attack Speed permanently.
- (Active): Valor reveals a large area around him, including brush and non-stealthed units.
Vault: Quinn dashes to an enemy, dealing damage and slowing them briefly. She then kicks back off her target, landing near her maximum attack range.
- Tag Team: Valor dashes to an enemy, damaging and slowing them for a brief time.
- First Cast: Quinn leaps away from the battlefield and allows Valor to take her place briefly. Valor functions as a mobile melee attacker and gains a huge Movement Speed bonus when out of combat. This bonus is decreased gradually to a smaller value when in combat.
- Second Cast (Skystrike): Valor flies from the battlefield, allowing Quinn to return in a hail of bolts that damage all nearby enemies. Damage is increased based on how much health targets are missing. If Tag Team is not cast a second time, Skystrike is cast automatically once Tag Team ends.
Riot describes Quinn and Valor as a "highly mobile carry combo." Harrier and Heightened Senses make last-hitting easier for her in the laning stage, and it should also help secure some kills. Heightened sense also provides some protection from enemy ganks. It's not all defense, however. Vault's slow will surely help when your jungler comes in for a gank, and the blind from Blinding Assault will help tremendously in duels. Vault can also send Quinn over terrain, to either help her escape or track down the kill, as does the speed bonus from Tag Team.
How does Valor come into play? When you get Tag Team, you temporarily turn Valor into a melee monster, good at pursuing enemies and cleaning up team fights. Think of this like Nidalee going into cat form. It can be used to engage or disengage, giving this duo great dueling potential. Needless to say, Quinn and Valor should have a high skill cap where elite players can get the most out of her.
Quinn and Valor are an elite ranger team. With crossbow and claw, they undertake their nation's most dangerous missions deep within enemy territory, from swift reconnaissance to lethal strikes. The pair’s unbreakable bond is deadly on the battlefield, leaving opponents blind and riddled with arrows long before they realize who they're fighting: not one, but two Demacian legends.
As a young girl, Quinn shared a hunger for adventure with her twin brother. They dreamed of becoming knights, but lived a quiet, humble life in the rural borderlands of Demacia. Together they imagined triumphant battles in faraway lands, seizing glory for their king and slaying foes in the name of Demacian justice. When daydreams alone could no longer satisfy their warriors’ souls, they embarked on daring wilderness adventures in search of true danger. One such quest turned to tragedy when a terrible accident claimed her brother's life. Overcome with grief, Quinn abandoned her dreams of knighthood.
On the anniversary of her loss, Quinn gathered the courage to return to the scene of the tragedy. To her surprise, she found a wounded Demacian eagle at the site of her brother’s death – a rare and beautiful bird long believed extinct. Quinn nursed the fledgling back to health, and as they grew up together, a deep bond formed between the two. She saw the same quality in her newfound friend that had lived within her brother, and so she gave him the name "Valor." The pair found strength in each other, and together they pursued the dream she had once abandoned.
The Demacian army had never seen heroes like Quinn and Valor. Their deadly skills quickly set them apart from their rank-and-file peers, but many still had their doubts. How could a common-born girl, even with such a powerful creature at her side, forego years of military training? Quinn and Valor proved themselves on one critical mission, tracking down a Noxian assassin who had evaded an entire Demacian battalion. When they brought him to justice, they finally earned the admiration and respect of their nation. The two now serve as living, fighting icons of Demacian strength and perseverance. Together, Quinn and Valor will stand against any threat to their beloved home.
"Most soldiers only rely on their weapons. Few truly rely on each other." - Quinn