New Halo game hiring for 'revolutionary new multiplayer experiences'
After a Raptr case study released today stating that Halo 4's player engagement has dropped more steeply than Halo: Reach, pulling in less hours online than Reach, it might be time that 343 Industries shake things up.
So when a job listing for 343 Industries opens up on Microsoft's site "looking for an experienced designer to help design and develop revolutionary new multiplayer experiences on an upcoming Halo title," people tend to notice. It reads, "As a member of the competitive multiplayer design team, you will help shape the future of the Halo franchise on both current and future Halo Titles."
Responsibilities of the position are:
- Work with the Lead Designer to understand the vision of the product and bring the experience to life
- Work closely with Multiplayer Software Development Engineers to create new competitive multiplayer experiences
- Provide direction to test and implementation teams to deliver features
- Design, script, balance, and tune competitive multiplayer game modes
- Balance and tune multiplayer systems
- Participate in creative discussions, offer helpful critique, and provide your own compelling ideas
Maybe we'll see a Halo 5 or a new Halo title shown off at Microsoft's E3 press conference next week. Let's just hope that 343i doesn't intend to revolutionize Halo's multiplayer by adding dual-wielding again.