New gameplay video outlines Solo Ops mode in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
Take on the hordes, all by yourself
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare was a pretty fantastic and accessible multiplayer shooter. On the single-player front though, things weren't always so great. The game emphasized multiplayer so much that it made those single-player treks feel like an afterthought.
Luckily, things are changing in the sequel that will be releasing in late February. The new Solo Ops mode will allow one player to pick three AI members that they'll be able to freely hot-swap between. Not to mention, any character that the player is directly in control of will be earning XP, making it a good way to earn XP for multiple characters at a time, assuming you're hot-swapping frequently.
There are also a suite of crazy modifiers that will completely change up the way your game plays, and you can toggle those on and off at your leisure.
- Infini-Ammo - Characters have infinite ammo without overheat.
- Speed Boost Craziness - Characters move crazy fast.
- Low Gravity - It isn’t just for the moon. The entire match will be played in low gravity.
- Simply Explode Mode - Characters explode when vanquished “simply.”
- Ridiculously Low Health - All characters have a max of one health – instant vanquishes.
- Super Crazy Knock-back Mode - Damaged characters get knocked back…really far.
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 will be coming out February 23 on PS4, Xbox One and PC.