New Bound by Flame screenshots show off companions
Spider Games has released a new batch of Bound by Flame screenshots revealing new companions who will accompany throughout your adventure. Companions will fight alongside you, and are considered crucial in the more advanced difficulty modes. Each companion fulfills a specific role and has talents and attributes that are unique to them. The key is to combine their skills with your own abilities for synergy.
In addition to aiding you in combat, each companion plays an important role in the story. They each have their own reasons for fighting alongside of you, and may be driving by honor, vengeance, or mere curiosity. Your actions and the decisions you make will also influence your relationship with each one, so don't be a dick.
Here are the five companions along with brief descriptions of each:
- Sybil, the young mage, provides excellent long-distance back-up and uses a special skill that enables her to heal you during combat.
- Randval the warrior excels at hand-to-hand combat and will divert the attention of your opponents, leaving you free to attack safely and to cast your devastating fire spells!
- Rhelmar the elf is an expert in ranged combat and will rain arrows down on your enemies while you charge into the heat of the melee.
- The witch, Edwen, has mastered certain hitherto unknown dark and mystical arts. She is able to devastate adversaries at long range with powerful magic spells, and can temporarily take control of an enemy's mind and turn it against their allies.
- Mathras is no ordinary undead... more ancient than the Ice Lords themselves, Mathras has perfected the art of swordsmanship and melee combat over the last several thousand years. Like Edwen, he can also reverse the allegiance of an opponent for a short period using his willpower alone!
Bound by Flame is due out on May 9 for PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, and PC.