NBA 2K14 soundtrack revealed, produced by LeBron James
2K Sports has revealed the complete track list for NBA 2K14, a set of songs personally selected by the game's cover athlete and two-time NBA Champion, LeBron James.
"2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year's soundtrack," said James, who successfully defended the Miami Heat's world championship in the NBA Finals, while winning his second straight NBA Finals MVP award. "I love that I'm the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack."
The soundtrack to NBA 2K13 was hand-picked by last year's executive producer Jay Z, and while I enjoyed his selection of tracks which "reflected a balance of basketball and musical influences," I can't help but feel I align more with James' musical choices.
Below is the full soundtrack to this year's title, boasting an "eclectic mix of hip-hop, rock, and classic pop that is sure to get players ready for tip-off."
- Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
- Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
- Coldplay, Lost!
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
- Drake, Started From The Bottom
- Eminem, Not Afraid
- Fly Union, Long Run
- Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
- Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
- Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
- Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
- John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
- Kanye West, All Of The Lights
- Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
- Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
- Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
- Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
- The Black Keys, Elevator
- The Black Keys, Howlin For You
Not a bad list, if I do say so myself. For anyone who wants to listen to the soundtrack in advance of the game's release on October 1st, you can stream it on the NBA 2K14 Spotify page.
Are you pleased with this James' selection of songs for this year's NBA 2K game?