MLB 14 The Show for PS4 becomes fastest-selling game in franchise history
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times -- baseball is better with MLB 14 The Show. It's so much better that the PS4 version, which launched just over a week ago, has become the fastest-selling entry in franchise history, Sony revealed today.
"MLB 14 for PS4 has exceeded the previous marks for most preorders, most day-one sales, and most week one sales," MLB The Show director of production Chris Cutliff said. "Compared to last year, week one sales are up nearly 40%."
"It’s not just sales setting the records," Cutliff added, pointing out how The Show community has been playing the game on PS4 since its May 6th launch. Here are some fun stats celebrating the achievement.
- The Orioles are the most popular team; Yankee Stadium is the most popular ballpark
- Almost 10 million games played so far
- Over 200,000 Road to The Show careers started
- There have been more than 5 million hits, 780,000 home runs and 500,000 stolen bases
- In the first week, there have been more than 7 million strikeouts, 330,000 complete games, and 100,000 shutouts