Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition 1.7.3 bug fix patch released, change-log detailed
4J Studios has released a title update for Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition, which patches a few bugs that arrived with the recent 1.7.3 update.
In announcement on Twitter, the developer warned it could take a "few hours" to be available for everyone.
The 1.7.3 update was released about a month ago, bringing the console version up to Minecraft PC beta version 1.7.3. It introduced new features like Pistons, shears, and stackable fences. It also brought with it a few bugs. Today's update issues the following fixes:
Change log for 1.7.3 Bug Fix Title Update (TU4)
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the "My Score" leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire.