Minecraft Update 1.9 Pre-Release Version 5 Now Available
Shortly after a report that a Minecraft 1.9 pre-release version 5 was on it's way, Minecraft developer Jens Bergensten released the official update via Twitter.
Jens released the official Beta 1.9 pre-release 5 download and urged Minecraft players to "help by checking if bugs marked with a [F] are really fixed." The new update focuses heavily on fixing bugs from Update 1.9 pre-release 4. The list of bugs can be found here.
According to the Minecraft wiki page, the bugs fixed in Update 1.9 Pre-Release version 5 include:
- Whilst in the inventory, White Stone is called "Unnamed". The block Is now called End Stone
- Lily pads appear grey in your inventory instead of the biome shade.
- The End portal blocks (the ones filled with stars) can be broken without the surrounding portal blocks disappearing. The expected result is either the portal block respawning, or the portal itself turning off.
- Although, when picking up all the lost experience orbs after your death, you seem to get more points that you had before. This might be due a bug in the possible feature above.
- When brewing, swapping the ingredient at the very last second before it is applied will apply the ingredient you changed it to rather than restarting the brewing timer for the new ingredient -- Requires good timing
- Mobs are not affected by the movement speed modifier of the "Splash Potion of Swiftness" rank one or two, players still function properly
- When you drink a "Potion of Fire Resistance" and try to swim in lava, this does no damage to the player, as intended, but when you jump into a lava lake from a large height, the fall damage you would receive is saved up till you exit the lake. Death can probably be avoided with a ladder
- If you place an enchanted item in a Chest or Storage Minecart and then break the chest/cart with a sword, your items will drop but all the enchantments will be gone
- After you enchant a sword in SMP, when you try to block, the sword will rapidly switch from the blocking stance to the normal position. It does not happen for normal swords
- Holding an enchanted item turns the hotbar transparent
- When breeding in SMP, baby animals have the adult's model and sound effects rather than the smaller baby model. They still do not drop resources until they have become adults, but there is no visual change.
- The cut into Stone Brick Stairs, Nether Brick Stairs, and Brick Stairs is not rendered properly
- It sometimes rains through the ceilings of buildings and through the ground into caves.
Minecraft is schedule for it's official release in November during Minecon, so this should be the last pre-release that we see for Update 1.9 until the game's official release.