Minecraft snapshot 14w05a released
It's that time again -- a new Minecraft snapshot has been released. So what's new this week? As per usual, Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams has provided a nice concise list of changes contained in snapshot 14w05a:
Notable additions for survival:
- Book copying mechanics has been altered to differentiate the original & copies of books
- Activator rails can eject entities from Minecarts
Notable additions for mapmakers:
- Added a spectator gamemode (/gamemode spectator). Not 100% finished.
- Spectators cannot be seen by anybody but other spectators
- Spectators can view inventories/etc, but not modify them
- Spectators can go through any entity or block without interfering with it
- Spectators can click on entities to take their camera
- Spectators cannot use items, place blocks, destroy blocks or interact with blocks in any way
- Spectators are only slightly buggy maybe sometimes
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-38944] – Joining Realms World "Cancel" Button Mis-Placed
- [Bug MC-44521] – @a, @e, and any UUID references work incorrectly after a player dies.
- [Bug MC-45050] – /fill … skull | Hitbox Bug
- [Bug MC-45159] – Blocks with tile entities don't get removed when you clone / fill an airblock to their position.
- [Bug MC-45453] – Items & Blocks placed in item frames are rendered incorrectly
- [Bug MC-45470] – Items don't render on the ground properly
- [Bug MC-45478] – Pre-snapshot14w04a villagers break crops but don't replant them
- [Bug MC-45492] – Transparent blocks are much darker
- [Bug MC-45554] – Two tall flowers variants are not generating.
- [Bug MC-45763] – Some blocks are facing the wrong way if placed in an Item Frame
- [Bug MC-45764] – Map will not show in item frame
- [Bug MC-45795] – Villagers can not place or pick up any crops
- [Bug MC-45847] – /summon Villager Farmer NBT tag canPickUpLoot will default to 0
In case you missed it, here are the changes made in last week's snapshot.