Minecraft snapshot 14w04a released
Minecraft snapshot 14w04a has been released, bringing new additions to both survival mode and for mapmakers along with a slew of bug fixes. Thankfully, Nathan "Dinnerbone" Adams has provided a nice, clear and concise list of all the new additions and fixes. Have a look below.
Notable additions for survival:
- Item frames can give off a signal detected by Comparators.
- Lots of changes to villager AI. Some of them now actually do stuff!
- Fortune now gives 1% change of rare loot per level
- Iron Golems/Zombie Pigmen now drop items on normal kills
- You can now spawn Iron Golems/Snow Golems/Withers with dispensers + pumpkin/skulls respectively
- Bushes can now catch fire
- Buttons can now be placed on ceiling/floors
- Seecret Changes
- Balancing tweaks!
Notable additions for mapmakers:
- New command /particle to show particle effects in the world. It can also be relative to entities. Example: /particle lava ~ ~1 ~ 1 1 1 0.5 2 @e[type=Chicken]
Added the ability to filter block types in the /fill command, but only if it’s used to fill in replace mode with “normal” blocks. It does not work when filling with block entities. Syntax: /fill
replace [filterBlockName] [filterData]
- Fixed most of the remaining issues with the /clone command, for example chest orientation.
Bugs fixed in this snapshot:
- [Bug MC-1253] – Ladder, Sign, Fence, Gate, Trapdoor causes block it is placed in to darken
- [Bug MC-2399] – Transparent blocks raise the light level of the block they're in visually by one
- [Bug MC-9582] – Whole-word selection behaves erratically in chat
- [Bug MC-16457] – Pumpkin texture flips when made into snowman
- [Bug MC-18284] – New AI mobs see through invisibility
- [Bug MC-18984] – Dead bushes and Saplings do not burn
- [Bug MC-24336] – Withers are harmed by the explosions of their Wither Skulls
- [Bug MC-25370] – Mouse is centered when going to previous menu with ESC
- [Bug MC-31081] – Stone monster eggs Spawn 2 Silverfish
- [Bug MC-31203] – Furnace Progress Remains After Changing Ingredient
- [Bug MC-32301] – Lava fizz sound plays whenever a flowing lava block destroys an air block
- [Bug MC-36847] – No Colon after Game Mode in World Options
- [Bug MC-37355] – server-icon.png alpha channel display
- [Bug MC-43984] – Normal players can use player selectors
- [Bug MC-44551] – Silverfish can infest Granite/Andesite/Diorite
- [Bug MC-44592] – Lava spreads further than it should
- [Bug MC-44805] – /difficulty doesn't update on singleplayer
- [Bug MC-44890] – Doors get added to the list of village doors over and over again
- [Bug MC-44893] – /kill Not Killing Invulnerable Entity
- [Bug MC-45011] – /clone doesnt clone TileEntity orientation
- [Bug MC-45056] – Hopper: java.lang.NullPointerException: Loading entity NBT
- [Bug MC-45063] – Tripwire is invisible
- [Bug MC-45071] – The world freezes if an Enderman is being hit.
- [Bug MC-45082] – Skin Layers Appear to be Off when Travelling through Portals
- [Bug MC-45084] – Skin's Second Layers Invisible in First Person
- [Bug MC-45087] – Id for cooked fish is "minecraft:cooked_fished"
- [Bug MC-45172] – New skin layer jacket acts enchanted when enchanted pants equipped
- [Bug MC-45235] – Double Shift = Sprint
- [Bug MC-45448] – Problem with auto-completion of commands
Mojang notes that any bugs you discover can be reported here.