Minecraft – Pocket Edition 0.8.0 update released
Mojang has announced the release of Mineraft - Pocket Edition update 0.8.0, the "biggest update" the mobile game has seen yet.
"Since the first release of Minecraft – Pocket Edition, we’ve added a bunch of new thing and made massive improvements to the way things look," Mojang's Daniel Kaplan said. Below are the patch notes:
- Minecarts, rails, and powered rails!
- The view distance has been massively increased. Check the options menu for more!
- New textures and colours taken directly from the PC version
- New blocks: carpets, more wood types, hay bales, iron bars, and more
- New crops and food types, including beetroot, carrots, potatoes and pumpkins. Now you can cook new soups, pies, and more!
- A bunch of new items for Creative and Survival, including clocks and compasses
- More blocks and items to use in Creative Mode: including jungle wood, ice, bedrock, shears, dyes, and tall grass
- New AI: mobs are now more intelligent and you can even breed your own animals
- A new Creative Mode inventory with tabs
- New functionality and tweaks to existing blocks and items. Bonemeal lets you grow new cool stuff!
- Improved lighting and fog effects
- Loads of bugs fixed, and possibly some added. :)