Minecraft 1.1 update released
After weeks of “weekly snapshots”, or pre-releases”, Minecraft 1.1 is officially out and now available for download.
It's no secret that Jeb and Jon have been hard at work adding new languages to Minecraft. Today, it is officially ready to go, along with a slew of other new features.
Below is a list of added features in the new 1.1 update:
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool
- Many more bug fixes!
In addition to the post on the official Mojang blog, the guys at H.A.T. Films put together a video of Minecraft 1.0 in action. Check it out below.
Minecraft was officially released in November, after years of being in “Beta”. If you haven't yet played it, I suggest you go out and get it. If you can't afford it, Notch suggests you pirate it.