Metal Gear Solid 4 getting trophies on the PS3
Alright trophy hunters, get ready! Sony has announced they will be adding trophies to Metal Gear Solid 4.
While Metal Gear Solid released after trophies were introduced to PS3 in mid-2008, the game had already finished development by then and was about to launch.
"We were regrettably unable to implement Trophies at launch," explained Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Project producer Yoshikazu Matsuhana. "But, we’ve always had it on our to-do list and users have given us continuous feedback requesting Trophies over the years."
Trophies will be introduced to MGS4 in the beginning of August in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Metal Gear series. Retail versions of the game in stores will be updated to offer native Trophy support out of the box. Unfortunately, Matsuhana didn't explain if you'd have to restart the game if you already have one in progress to earn the trophies.
Without further adieu, here are the trophies:
- Bronze: You enjoy all the killing, that's why.: Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
- Bronze: Divine Wind: Caused a "divine wind" using the Tanegashima.
- Bronze: Hands Up!: Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
- Bronze: Emotion Control: Controlled an enemy soldier's emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
- Bronze: Hurt me more!: Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
- Bronze: Drum Can Addict: Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
- Bronze: That Tune Is His Mind Control Music: Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
- Bronze: Overhead view - just like old times...: Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver: SUNLIGHT!: Obtained the Solar Gun.
- Silver: I Just Don't Fear Death: Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
- Silver: Where I Can See Ya: Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
- Silver: Ghost Photography Addict: Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
- Silver: FaceCamo Addict: Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
- Silver: Can you feel my power now!!!?: Took control of an enemy soldier's body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
- Silver: Are you an Otaku too?: Viewed all model posters.
- Silver: You're pretty good.: Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
- Gold: Flashback Mania: Viewed all flashbacks.
- Gold: Sounds of the Battlefield: Obtained all iPod® tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
- Gold: I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology.: Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
- Platinum: The Legendary Hero: Obtained all trophies.