Max Payne weapons trailer shows off semi-auto pistol
Though Max has certainly gained access to a thrilling new arsenal in Max Payne 3, there's nothing wrong with the classics, as evidenced by this trailer spotlighting the 1911 semi-automatic pistol. As seen in the trailer, this is Max's old workhorse of a gun from back in his police days, a time when he was still sporting a head of hair. Seemed to do a bloody good job back then, so it's nice to see it still in action today!
What do you think? Excited to play with Max's various weapons?
Max Payne 3 is the third release in the popular Third-Person Shooter series of the same name, and the first iteration of the series to appear on Next Gen gaming consoles. Developed by Rockstar Games, the creative minds behind the cutting edge GTA, Red Dead and Midnight Club game franchises, Max Payne 3 is a sequel to the second game in the series, and features an older Max Payne with a new life and job abroad. But as dangerous situations spiral Max's life from bad, to worse, it seems that the more things change, the more they stay the same. Game features include: series first multiplayer functionality, a wealth of weapons, classic Max Payne Bullet Time and Shootdodge functionality, extreme realism and special bonus features.
The Return of Max Payne
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.
Featuring cutting edge shooting mechanics for precision gunplay, advanced new Bullet Time and Shootdodge effects, full integration of Natural Motion's Euphoria Character Behavior system for lifelike movement and a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games.
Series First Multiplayer
In addition to an expansive single player campaign, Max Payne 3 is also the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. In a unique twist, Max Payne 3 multiplayer delivers a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 also includes a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.
Key Game Features
- Multiplayer - Max Payne 3 introduces an explosive and innovative multiplayer experience, bringing Max Payne's signature Shootdodge and Bullet Time gameplay features along with a range of new and expanded special abilities into the arena of competitive online multiplayer.
- Weapons - From automatics to handguns to rifles and explosives, Max wields (and dual-wields) a wide range of high-powered weaponry in both single player and multiplayer.Max Payne 3 provides devastating firepower for any and all situations that call for decisive and punishing action.
- Characters and Gangs - From New York to São Paulo, explore intelligence gathered on the characters and gangs that you will encounter throughout the treacherous story ofMax Payne 3.
- Realism - Just some of the behind-the-scenes research and production design done over the course of Max Payne 3's development, from information and asset-gathering trips down to São Paulo, to local casting for pedestrian types in all the game's levels, to extensive study of municipal law-enforcement wings, weaponry and much more.
- Special Bonus Features - Enjoy special game-related features including soundtrack info, Xbox LIVE achievements, as well as special events and contest opportunities for fans and Rockstar Games Social Club members.