Mass Effect Andromeda gets new patch; BioWare Montreal confirmed to merge with EA Motive
Back in June, it was rumored that the developers that had worked on Mass Effect: Andromeda were facing some struggles and that the Mass Effect franchise was put on hold. The rumor came paired with another rumor, which suggested that there would be no single-player DLC for the game.
Regardless of the rumors, EA has reported that Andromeda was a "significant contributor" to EA's record breaking digital sale numbers.
EA has confirmed that BioWare Montreal, the studio behind Andromeda, is officially merging with EA Motive. EA Motive is currently working on the single-player experience for Star Wars Battlefront 2, as well as their own Star Wars game which has yet to be unveiled.
In addition to this news, Andromeda has been hit with a small patch (detailed below).
Mass Effect: Andromeda July 31 Patch Notes:
- Veteran ranks of characters will only drop after all characters of that rarity have been unlocked to rank 10.
- Naladen explosion now deals damage when Cryo or Incendiary Ammo are equipped.
- Fixed issue where Dwindling Supplies and Empty Resupply mission modifiers would not function correctly if a player left the game.
- Dhan shotgun now properly primes enemies.
- Fixed issue where Bulwark, Siphon, and Concussive variants of pistols and sniper rifles would prime enemies too slowly when using special ammo.
- Fixed issue where using Supply Pack Transmitter would reduce spare ammo if Empty Resupply mission modifier was active.
- Using First Aid with Supply Pack Transmitter no longer heals enemies.
- Fixed issue that caused screen to blink red/yellow when using Siphon and Bulwark weapons.
- Rank XIV Common Characters are no longer displayed as Rank XV