Mass Effect 3 'Resurgence Pack' DLC released today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC
Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack is due out today for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC, according to BioWare.
As promised, the new multiplayer DLC is free to download and includes six new classes, two new maps, and three new weapons.
Two New Action-Packed Maps - Take the battle to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost located on one of Palaven's moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map represents a crucial asset in the overall fight against the Reapers.
- Firebase Condor – A warzone outpost located on one of Palaven’s moons, Firebase Condor represents a crucial asset in the defense of the turian homeworld, providing the beleaguered turian fleet with a place to refuel and repair. Its loss could grant the Reapers unparalleled access to the Inner Council Theatre.
- Firebase Hydra – Firebase Hydra is located in an old abandoned quarian colony which humans took over when they originally settled the world of Ontarom. It has since been converted into a massive dam facility which powers the communications hub located at Firebase Dagger and the kinetic barrier which protects it. Without this critical power source, Systems Alliance communications within the entire theatre would go dark.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters - Assume the role of new characters for each class, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard and characters from new playable races with the Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator.
Lethal New Weapons - Obliterate wave after wave of enemies by unlocking the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- Striker Assault Rifle – Krogan rifle with explosive rounds. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
- Kishock Harpoon Gun – Deadly one-shot batarian weapon. Causes bleed-out or disruption of target.
- Geth Plasma SMG – Fully-automatic geth submachine gun. Its rate of fire increases when the trigger is held.
- New Consumables - Cash in your credits to purchase reinforcement packs that could include the following new consumables: Strength Enhancer - Applies a melee damage boost for one mission. Targeting VI - Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission. Stabilization Module - Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission. Shield Power Cells - Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
Depending on your region and platform, the DLC may or may not already be available to download. BioWare continues to post there is "No ETA, but it will be released today." Though it will be available in North America today, the Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack will arrive in Europe tomorrow.
In other news, the Mass Effect 3 patch, which is said to fix the bug that prevents players from importing faces from the previous games into ME3, will also be released today for Xbox 360 and PS3. It was released yesterday for PC.