Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Update 1.2 is Now Live, Here's What it Does
As if Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wasn't already loaded with content.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been hard at work showing the rest of the industry how to make a Definitive Edition of a game. It may be a next-gen port of a previously released game, but it's also so much more. Today, Nintendo has added even more with update 1.2.
This patch addresses a few communication errors that occur while spectating a match. It also adds race rules and course names to the loading screens. Not only that, but Pikmin-themed Amiibo can be used to unlock a Pikmin suit for Mii drivers.
A full list of patch notes can be seen below:
- Players can use Pikmin-themed Amiibo to unlock a Pikmin Suit for the Mii driver.
- Race rules and course name are now displayed on loading screens for online and wireless play, as well as Mario Kart TV.
- Players who are behind in online matches will receive items geared toward catching up more frequently.
- In online matches, no more than two Piranha Plants will be granted as items at the same time.
- Controls are no longer unresponsive when the timer runs out when choosing a Mii racing suit for online matches.
- When a player uses an item right after the Super Horn in online matches, that item will now remain available for other players.
- Item wheel no longer spins continuously in online matches.
- Online matches now end as intended 30 seconds after the first place racer finishes.
- The Boomerang now returns to the first slot, if possible, after a player catches it.
- Items shown in a player’s item slots now display correctly when holding an item behind them.
- No longer possible to use an item after it has been used to block an attack.
- Communication errors no longer occur frequently while spectating or after spectating online matches.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was released in April 2017.