March 2016's top 10 sales include The Division, Zelda and Far Cry: Primal; No Street Fighter 5
Woah! Hey there Nintendo.
The NPD Group has released information on the top selling games of March 2016 and it's a bit surprising. Whether it's considering how low Call of Duty is on the list, the fact that Grand Theft Auto 5 is still in the top five or the sudden appearance of Nintendo - March was unique.
Seeing The Division at the top of the list isn't much of a surprise. The game was reported to be shattering Ubisoft's sales records, giving Ubisoft the biggest first quarter launch ever in the UK. What is suprising is the lack of the generally well-received Street Fighter 5, which launched on February 16th (amidst some controversy over a missing butt-slap) and the addition of two Nintendo games.
Nintendo doesn't typically find themselves in the top 10 sales list, but when they do it's in multiples (like this time) or they are near the top.
It is important to note that the NPD sales report only gathers data from physical retailers. Digital game sales are not included in the following list.
- Tom Clancy's The Division (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- Far Cry: Primal (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- UFC 2 (PS4, Xbox One)
- MLB 16: The Show (PS4, PS3)
- Pokken Tournament (Wii U)
- NBA 2K16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PSe)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
- Minecraft (360, PS4, Xbox One, PS3)