Madballs in...Babo:Invasion is Coming to PC via Steam
September 3, 2009
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!
The most original Arcade Shooter of the year set to release on PC
Playbrains, an independent game development studio specializing in the digital download arena, are proud to announce that fresh from its critically acclaimed debut on Xbox LIVE® Arcade, Madballs in...Babo:Invasion (MiBI) will be releasing on PC, via the Steam digital download service on Sept. 17. The game will be priced $9.99 in the US and Canada, 6.99 in the UK, ç8.99 in Western Europe and ç6.99 in Eastern Europe
The spiritual successor to the massively popular freeware top-down Shooter BaboViolent2, Madballs in Babo:Invasion is an arena based 3D shooter offering players a satisfying and immersive experience in both single-player and multiplayer, including 'Invasion Mode' where players are able to design their own combat maps almost instantaneously by placing a combination of map tiles to create a never-before-seen map before gameplay starts. Truly, no two games are ever the same.
Featuring the recently re-released Madballs™ characters, Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™, from the popular 1980's toysbest remembered for their outrageously bad looks and graphically colourful names, Madballs in...Babo: Invasion is a gameplay rich, feature laden 'casually hardcore' action shooter which is also that rarest of gaming commodities; a genuinely unique title.
- Single Player - Hours of repeatable gameplay through 10 epic levels
- 2-4 Player Online Co-op - challenge individual campaign levels with your friends or play the whole campaign in 'Enduro' mode
- 16 Player Multiplayer - 21 maps to match all game sizes
- 'Invasion' Mode - the signature mode of the game, players take turns placing map tiles to create a unique multiplayer map prior to each match
- Classes - 10 character classes (each with 2 special abilities) over two warring factions, with each faction having 5 unique weapons each with two distinct firing modes
- Madballs Characters - Oculus Orbus™ and Horn Head™ from the infamous 80's toy craze as in-game characters
- 5 Archetypes - Assault, Heavy, Runner, Flyer, Support
- Deployables - active (rocket turrets) or passive (healing towers) can be placed in Invasion mode
- Unlocks and Secrets - 50 unlocks and 50 Secrets to find during campaign gameplay
- Action - emphasis on fast-paced, visceral action that is easy to pick and play, yet offers a real strategic challenge for hardcore gamers