Lollipop Chainsaw commercial hits television
Lollipop Chainsaw is a Hack and Slash, single player Action game in which players battle zombies as never before - in the form of the spirited and sexy, chainsaw-wielding cheerleader heroine, Juliet Starling. The game contains an addictive mixture of mature zombie apocalypse gameplay, juxtaposed with the bubbly actions and attitude of the perky teen heroine. Additional features include, upgradable cheerleading abilities and chain saws that both serve in combat, over-the-top zombie rock lord bosses, a storyline full of hooks, and a rockin' soundtrack.
So Sweet You Can Just Die
Lollipop Chainsaw is the 'un-deadly' story of sweet and killer zombie-hunter Juliet Starling and her quest to uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak. With her wickedly awesome chainsaw in hand, Juliet slices, dices and splits her way through hordes of the undead, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to kill the chainsaw-wielding cheerleader.
Lollipop Chainsaw is being developed by Grasshoper Manufacture, led by celebrated game developer Goichi Suda (aka SUDA 51) and featuring the musical compositions of the renowned Akira Yamaoka. In addition, Hollywood director and writer James Gunn (Super, Slither, Dawn of the Dead, Tromeo and Juliet) has brought his cult humor and edgy storytelling toLollipop Chainsaw's script.
Lollipop Chainsaw is a Hack and Slash Action game. To combat and kill zombie enemies, players utilize a combination of available attacks. Light attacks, in the form of punches kicks, and the like can be used in taking on small numbers of enemies, or to maneuver enemies into the most convenient position when faced with a numerical disadvantage. Stonger attacks against single or multiple enemies are unleashed using Juliet's devastating chainsaw. Even stronger advanced attacks are possible by filling up Juliet's star meter. The decapitated, but quite alive severed head of Juilet's boyfriend Nick can be used in attacks as well, and success in attacks allows for the upgrade of Juliet's chainsaw.
Key Game Features
- A New Kind of Killer Heroine - Juliet Starling is an 18-year-old student with a dark secret - zombie-hunting with a killer chainsaw in hand. Juliet must balance the drama of high school while carrying out her zombie-hunting lineage.
- Gameplay Design - Celebrated game developer SUDA 51 brings his unique creative style and vision to the gameplay design, taking players through a wild ride of zombies, chainsaws, and rainbows.
- Edgy Storyline - Through an adapted script by James Gunn, Juliet must uncover the root of a colossal zombie outbreak at her school, San Romero High, but soon realizes the horde is only the opening act to a festival of zombie rock lords determined to take her down.
- Combat/Weapons - Players will hone their cheerleading acrobatics and chainsaw skills to string together devastating combo moves, taking out hordes of the undead.
- Zombie Rock Lords - San Romero High's zombie jocks and undead faculty are the least of Juliet's concerns when she soon realizes that she faces a bigger challenge, zombie rock lords that add a new beat' to SUDA 51's over-the-top boss battles.
- Head Bangin' Music - With original music created by popular video game composer Akira Yamaoka (best known for the Silent Hill series) and other notable artists, Lollipop Chainsaw features a soundtrack that's to die for. In addition to original music, Juliet's playlist will also include familiar songs from various musical genres.