List of known issues plaguing GTA Online
There's been no official status update regarding Grand Theft Auto Online from Rockstar since yesterday's brief message, but the developer has made the hub page a lot more comprehensible, listing all of the known issues that they are aware of and looking into. Below is the full list of various issues currently hampering the GTA Online experience.
General network/cloud server issues
- "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Errors about jobs failing to start or load
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
- Long matchmaking load screens, eventually timing out after 10-15 minutes
- Offline (disc-based) and online content mixing on the Jobs list
- Ending up in a free-roam session with no jobs/markers on the map while playing as a temporary character during a cloud outage
Issues getting past the first Tutorial Race
- Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
- Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
- Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race
Social Club Issues
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
Yesterday's post revealed a few more updates regarding the PS3 version GTA Online as well as a few other glitches:
- For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.
- There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
- This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
- For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.
Here at GameZone, we've had mixed results logging into the online portion of GTA 5. While some of us have been able to enjoy it, I've personally been stuck on the tutorial mission. As always, stay tuned to GameZone for Rockstar's latest updates.