Lissandra will be the next frosty character in League of Legends
Alright Riot, you have my attention. As a primary mid League of Legends player who’s favorite character is Ahri, Lissandra looks like an absolute delight. I tend to play Ahri more as a crowd control heavy, massive kiting, opportunist than an AP assassin. Lissandra, the Ice Witch, looks to have all of the sweet kiting and mobility smack tight in a nice freezer locked package.
In Lissandra’s description, Riot defines her as a “flexible, mana-efficient mage with abilities that emphasize crowd control, kiting and mobility over raw damage.” Sign me up. In a nut shell, she doesn’t do as much damage as your typical AP mid, but has a whole bunch of icy CC and mobility to make up for it. What’s more important, nuking down your foes or helping bring your team to victory? That is, of course, unless nuking down your foes IS how you carry your team to victory? Hmmm.
Lissandra’s abilities are as follows:
- Iceborn (Passive): After a brief cooldown, Lissandra's next ability costs no mana. Hitting an enemy with movement impairing abilities reduces Iceborn's cooldown.
- Ice Shard: Lissandra throws a spear of ice that shatters on contact with the first enemy struck, dealing damage and slowing their movement speed for a short duration. Enemies behind the struck target also take damage.
- Ring of Frost: Lissandra freezes the area around her, dealing damage to nearby enemies and rooting them for a short duration.
- Glacial Path: Lissandra casts a slow-moving, long-range ice claw in a line, dealing damage to all enemies in its path. Re-activating Glacial Path teleports Lissandra to the claw's current location.
- Frozen Tomb (Ultimate): On enemy cast: Lissandra freezes an enemy champion, damaging and stunning them briefly. Dark Ice emanates from the target, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
- Frozen Tomb (Ultimate): On self-cast: Lissandra encases herself in ice, rooting herself in place briefly and becoming untargetable and invulnerable. Dark Ice emanates from Lissandra, dealing damage and slowing nearby enemies.
This mage character can be played mid, top, or as a support. So if you get used to Lissandra, you can play her witchy ways nearly everywhere. Her passive makes her far less blue dependent than other AP champions. On top of all that, she’s nearly impossible to gank due to her kit, slows, and escapes. I want it.
I want it now.