League of Legends Reaches 32 Million Players and Gives Some Pretty Cool Statistics
I'm a firm believer that Riot Games Inc.'s League of Legends is no longer a game. It is a religion. In a post on the League of Legends site today, Riot announced that their game has reached 32 million users worldwide. That's a sh*t-ton of players! In the last four months, the amounts of players has doubled in size. Some fun and interesting statistics about the game are:
- 11.5 million monthly players / 4.2 million daily players / 1.3 million players playing AT THE SAME TIME
- Since 2009, 15 billion champions have been killed and 21 trillion gold has been earned
- 1.2 million Deathcaps are bought daily, 690,000 Trinity Forces bought daily, and 87 billion gold earned daily
- Teemo dies 2 million times a day
- 43,055 champions are killed every minute
- HotshotGG has worse stats than Shushei, but he's still number one in my heart...
- Has more YouTube channel subscribers than Katy Perry (gawd I love her), Linkin Park, and Taylor Swift... time to pas the Biebs
Truly amazing. Thanks for giving us a great game Riot!