League of Legends new champion: Jinx abilities revealed
With League of Legends newest announced character being revealed yesterday, it was only a matter of time until her abilities would become known. That time is now! The bottom lane, chaotic, psychopath, marksmen wants to bring the pain. Her kit seems to promote high burst damage at the expensive of mobility. That is, unless Jinx took part in killing a champion or a tower, then it’s time to get excited! Here are her abilities:
Passive: Get Excited!
- Jinx gains a massive movement speed boost whenever a champion or tower that she's recently attacked is killed or destroyed. This boost decays over time.
- Jinx swaps weapons:
- Fishbones, the rocket launcher: Jinx's basic attacks consume mana but gain increased range and deal increased damage to her target and nearby enemies.
- Pow-Pow, the minigun: Jinx's basic attacks grant attack speed for a short duration, stacking up to three times. Stacks fall off one at a time once Jinx stops attacking.
- Jinx snaps off an electrical blast that deals damage to and slows the first enemy hit.
E: Flame Chompers!
- Jinx throws out a line of snare grenades that detonate after a few seconds, lighting nearby enemies on fire. Enemy champions who walk over a grenade will cause it to detonate early, rooting them briefly.
R: Super Mega Death Rocket!
- Jinx fires a global rocket that gains damage as it travels. The rocket explodes on the first enemy champion hit, dealing damage to the target and all nearby enemies based on a percentage of their missing health.
I believe it was Fat Boy Slim who said it best in Weapon of Choice, “you can go with this, or you can go with that.” Her skill level appears to be linked with knowing which weapon to use with her Q ability, Switcheroo! Do you want high damage output or fast attack speed? Her ult seems like an Ashe Crystalized Arrow, except that it's meant for murder instead of stunning.
While I’m not typically a marksmen player, I’m pretty excited to see her get played. Watch the test realm for her appearance.