League of Legends’ Elise the Spider Queen’s abilities revealed
I hate spiders. With the teaser for Riot’s newest champion in League of Legends, Elise the Spider Queen, it wasn’t long after until her kit(s) was released. This arachnid / human monstrosity will be League of Legend’s third transforming character; behind Nidalee and Jayce. As you probably guessed, Elise’s human form can transform into a giant spider and vice versa. What makes her unique is that her two kits are two completely putrid different roles. The human form is an ability power caster and the spider is an assassin.
Let’s look at those kits:
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise’s Human Form spells will ready a spiderling when cast on an enemy.
- Neurotoxin: Elise damages a target based on its current Health.
- Volatile Spiderling: Elise releases a venom-gorged spiderling that explodes when it nears a target.
- Cocoon: Elise fires a skillshot that stuns the first enemy struck.
- Spider Form: Elise transforms into a menacing spider with new abilities. While in Spider Form, Elise deals magic bonus damage on attack and has increased Movement Speed, Armor, and Magic Resistance. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
- Spider Swarm (Passive): Elise summons her spiderlings to fight by her side. Spiderlings deal physical damage and take reduced damage from multi-target abilities.
- Venomous Bite: Elise lunges forward and bites her target, slowing them and dealing bonus damage based on how low its Health is.
- Skittering Frenzy: Elise and her spiderlings gain Attack Speed and heal her on each attack.
- Rappel: On enemy cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air and descend upon an enemy target.
- On ground cast: Elise and her spiderlings ascend high into the air, becoming untargetable for two seconds. Casting Rappel on a nearby enemy during this time will descend upon your target.
- Human Form: Elise transforms into a human form with new abilities. Each level of her ultimate allows Elise to summon an additional spiderling.
So in a nut shell, as Elise casts spells her gains more disgusting spiderlings that will help her do damage differently depending on what form she is in. Her mage kit should really be targeting those champions who have high hit point pools since she seems to do a % type of damage to higher HP targets. The spider form can close gaps and has a ‘finisher’ type move for getting the disgusting spider like fatality down.
For those who will play her to her full hybrid potential will most likely want to nuke your targets down in her mage form then switch to the spider to get in close and secure the kill. I find this transform characters to have a generally higher skill cap than your average one kit champion – for the reason alone that you have six abilities instead of four that aren’t always available. Spiders are all that is evil in the world.
I hate spiders.
Historian, teacher, writer, gamer, cheat master, and tech guru: follow on Twitter @AndrewC_GZ