League of Legends bonus RP incoming
Celebrating 2014 and the beginning of League of Legends Season 4, Riot Games has announced a new promotion that will grant players bonus RP (Riot Points). From March 2nd through March 9 (ending 11:59pm Pacific) players will receive additional RP when spending real money on the game.
Here's the breakdown for the Season Bonus:
- $5.00 – 650 RP
- $10.00 – 1460 RP (1300 + 80 standard bonus RP + 80 extra bonus RP)
- $20.00 – 3000 RP (2600 + 200 standard bonus RP + 200 extra bonus RP)
- $35.00 – 5450 RP (4550 + 450 standard bonus RP + 450 extra bonus RP)
- $50.00 – 7900 RP (6500 + 700 standard bonus RP + 700 extra bonus RP)
- $100.00 – 17000 RP (13000 + 2000 standard bonus RP + 2000 extra bonus RP)
- Prepaid cards: $25.00 is worth 3750 RP
Riot notes that extra bonus RP does not apply to mobile payment methods and that there will be no refunds for RP purchases made prior to the announcement or the promotion.
For those unfamiliar with how League of Legends' business model operates, players can opt to spend real-life cash on in-game currency known as RP (Riot Points). RP can be used to unlock champions or purchase alternate skins for them. Alternatively, playing games will earn you Influence Points (IP), another form of in-game currency that can be used to unlock champions and purchase runes; however, you can not buy champion skins with IP.