Killer Instinct patch replaces free Jago with Sabrewulf
Microsoft has released a new patch for Xbox One's free-to-download fighter Killer Instinct, adding character rotation that changes the one free character granted to all players.
Killer Instinct was released as a launch title for the Xbox One with all players able to download the game for free. Although technically "free," players had to pay to purchase additional characters. Only Jago was originally playable for no cost, though players could purchase the Combo Break pack or Ultra Edition to unlock all characters. The character rotation will seemingly give players a chance to test out other characters. Replacing Jago will be Sabrwulf.
While the character rotation is the most flashy feature added in the patch, there were a ton of other general fixes including full controller support, save data fixes, and changes to the Killer Instinct store. Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of Double Helix.
- ROTATING FREE CHARACTER: Character rotation has been added. Sabrewulf is the new free character, replacing Jago.
- FULL CONTROLLER SUPPORT: Players will now have access to play regardless of what USB port they plug into.
- SAVE DATA FIXES: Sign-in changes via KINECT will no longer erase save-data
- TOASTS OPTION AVAILABLE: Players will be able to disable toasts from the option menu (under display options)
KI STORE FIXES
- COLOR #5 PROPERLY UNLOCKS. NOTE: Players who have accomplished these tasks prior to launch will now be awarded retroactively
- TRAINING MODE ICON UNLOCKED. NOTE: If you have completed all the tasks required to unlock the costume, the TRAINING ICON will retroactively be unlocked.
- Character Select option added to the pause screen of local versus
- Command List corrected and updated
- Game will now pause when the controller for player 2 is removed
- Accessory menu screens updated and patched
- Added access to the MELD from the pause screen
- Replays library will be cleared since executable has been updated to a new version number
- Jago's equipped accessories now display properly while in dojo mode.
- VIEWABLE LEADERBOARDS: Privilege check has been moved into the Xbox Live menu so non-gold members can view leaderboards
- PARTY INVITES FIXES: General fixes have been implemented to ensure the proper user-flow for people wanting to play exhibition matches with friends.
- RANK-UP/RANK-DOWN DISPLAY: RANK events (Rank-up/Rank-down), display notifications to both players prior to the start of the match.
- RANK MATCH UPDATES: The rank point distribution method has been updated. Please see the chart below for the updated system.
- INSTINCT MODE SHADOW COMBOS NOW BREAKABLE: There were several instances where SHADOW MOVES we're un-breakable after performing an instinct.-mode cancel With the current fix, SHADOW MOVES will be fully intractable after an instinct-mode cancel.
- UNBLOCKABLE FIX: Players can now adjust block height during instinct mode activation.
- COMBO ENDER FIX: There were several instances where certain moves labeled as "ENDERS" where unbreakable .
CHARACTER SPECIFIC FIXES
- JAGO: Jago's Endokuken is now classified as an OPENER, when used in the beginning of combos.
- SABREWULF: Shadow Eclipse now scales properly if used as an OPENER.
- LEVEL-3 eclipse ENDER has been corrected to hit the opponent after performing a JUMPING SLASH
- ORCHID: Category correction for the first (2) hits of ICHI NI SAN. Damage scaling correction on UPPER FIRECAT
- GLACIUS: Shadow Hail will now have the same hit properties as an OPENER.
- SADIRA: HP /Shadow version of Widow's bite is now categorized as OPENER.