Here's the full set of Toy Box 2.0 features and a walkthrough video for Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition)
The game I'm most excited to release the rest of 2014? That would be Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition). I was able to play the game at E3 and experience and learn about a bunch of the new features. Needless to say, I'm impressed. There's so many improvements, and a ton of those improvements come in Toy Box 2.0 -- which desperately needed some changes.
Disney Interactive have just released the full set of Toy Box 2.0 features, which include the ability to build interiors to mini-Toy Box Games. These new features are going to make it easier and faster for players to build and share their creations. Here's the rundown of all the Toy Box 2.0 features (video walkthrough can be seen at the bottom of the article):
Toy Box Tools - Procedural generation of content can now be accessed and harnessed through two primary systems:
- Creators - Tools that the player can place into the world in real-time, and a themed arrangement will procedurally build that world within minutes.
- Builders - Non-player characters (NPCs) that a player can drop into their Toy Box to build out detailed worlds.
Templates - Players can use these pre-built Toy Box Games ranging from battle arenas to race tracks and customize them using the items saved in their personal Toy Boxes.
Toy Box Games - The Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes Starter Pack will feature Toy Box Games discs, which players can use to access standalone game modes including Tower Defense and Dungeon Crawler games that any character from across the Disney Infinity universe can play.
Interiors - Players can now create their own interior levels where they can build rooms and theme them to their favorite characters. Unlock hundreds of furniture pieces and decorations based on iconic Disney and Marvel properties.
New Toys - New toys allow players to make more detailed games with beginnings, endings, winners, losers, result screens and virtually any type of game including races, battles, collection-based games, defense games or exploration adventures.
- Challenge Maker - Allows players to create any type of game, including structured games within the Toy Box.
- Toy Box Game Maker - Allows creators to restrict core actions typically available in the Toy Box, such as the use of the magic wand.
- Text Creator - Allows builders to write their own text bubbles in the Toy Box. All text is filtered through a safe chat server for friendly writing.
- Creativi-Toys - More than 75 new Creativi-Toys allow players to customize their Toy Boxes even further.
Improved On-Boarding - The introductory Toy Box will now be filled with Game Play Hosts who are available to assign missions and answer questions, as needed. Players are free to learn and explore on their own, but can ask a host for help and they'll even be rewarded with extra goodies once missions are completed.
Updated Online Services - A Newsfeed screen has been added to the main menu, giving the user an overview of the new online services:
- Increased Storage - Store for locally saved Toy Boxes in a player's private cloud has increased from 100 to 300 Toy Boxes. Support for downloadable published Toy Boxes increased from 100 to 100,000 Toy Boxes.
- Like and Search User-Generated Toy Boxes - Players can "like" their favorite published Toy Boxes and find others that are well received. Quickly search through the published Toy Boxes using categories (developer picks, most liked, most downloaded, newest, trending, all Toy Boxes and Disney 1.0), and further refine the search with filters (genre, character required, ability required and Toy Box Games).
- Sharing With Friends - Share Toy Boxes with friends directly using cloud storage.
So there you have it. There's a ton of new features coming to Toy Box 2.0, and I couldn't be more excited for them. Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) will release September 23 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Wii U.