Here's a list of the known issues in the Call of Duty: WWII beta
Fear not, fixes are on the way!
A beta is used to test issues in a game prior to launch, this usually results in game breaking bugs, frustrating glitches, and Call of Duty: WWII is no exception to that. Sledgehammer Games is working around the clock to make sure the beta goes smoothly so players can enjoy their experience as well as fix the issues before the November release.
If you're having an issue, you're likely not the only one. Below you can find all of the currently known glitches, bugs, and other things being worked on at Sledgehammer's offices. Some of these may be fixed or don't affect you but if you're wondering about if there's a fix in the works for an issue you're having, here's how to find out.
- We are aware that some strict Nat types and firewall combinations may experiences issues going into a match with a party.
- There is a collision issue with the paratrooper scorestreak on Gibraltar that can cause the troopers to fail to drop into the match due to a bad landing zone.
- When the Expeditionary Division is leveled up to rank 2, the player may be unable to equip a second grenade.
- When the Infantry Division is leveled up to rank 2, the player may be unable to equip a third primary attachment slot.
- The Activision code redemption site was offline briefly today due to site issues. All issues were resolved by early afternoon.
- A couple of our dedicated servers auto-installed an OS patch today. This caused a short period of higher than expected latency hits to in-progress matches on those servers. Most were minimal, however some game play artifacts were noticed for a brief period.
- We’re investigation a rare bug where motion blur does not reset correctly.
- Occasionally, extended time to access the After-Action Report can result in the countdown clock being too short between matches.
- We love the positive reactions to the new overhead camera eSports feature. In response to feedback about visibility of objectives, especially Hardpoints, we are currently working on solutions for launch.
- Some players are reporting getting trapped in an update loop after they are prompted to restart their game to complete an update of the client. We have been resolving these through basic troubleshooting and are investigating further steps.
- You have asked about a color blind setting in the menu. While not in the Beta, we have been working to have this for launch.
- In response to all the requests for bumper jumper configuration, we also plan to support this for launch.
- We’ve heard your feedback regarding playlist variety, and have made some adjustments to improve this. You know what else would improve it? More maps and modes.
- We’ve heard your feedback on the Paratroopers Scorestreak having some edge case issues. We made some adjustments today, but they didn’t address the core issue in the way we wanted. We’ve got new fixes coming soon.
- We are investigating a bug that causes some players to be kicked back to the Main Menu after accepting an invite from the load screen of any map.
- There is a bug causing the title to crash when an invitee accepts an invite while entering a match when the inviter is also entering the match.
- Some of you have noted that the incendiary shells feel too strong. We’re looking into data to determine if a nerf is needed.
- Improvements to Party UI / UX are underway. Implementation date is still TBD, but know that we are actively working on it.
Call of Duty: WWII's beta will run through the rest of the weekend exclusively on PlayStation 4. It'll resume again next weekend on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Call of Duty: WWII will release on November 3rd, 2017 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.