Here are the changes coming in the July Xbox One System Update
Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb has just outlined the latest changes coming in the Xbox One System Update in July. Some of these have already been unveiled right before the Microsoft Press Conference during the Pre-Show, but there are some neat new additions that will make the Dashboard much easier and convenient to use.
Microsoft has also started an Xbox Feedback page where gamers can voice their opinions and suggest features they'd like to see on the Xbox One. So far, there have been 65,000 fans suggesting more than 4300 ideas and contributed over 180,000 votes, which is extremely impressive.
- Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV.
- Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on your controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.
- Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria, with this update in July, will be able to select voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you’re an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.
- Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.
- ‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.