Help Wanted Tips and Tricks
May 27, 2009
Help Wanted Tips and Tricks
Hudson Entertainment have released some tips and tricks for their recently released Wii simulation game, Help Wanted. Read below for some hints on how to be successful when playing through the game's various jobs and story elements.
Employment Office (Single Player Story Mode)
- Buy Uniforms to unlock more jobs. When first starting out you are only given a handful of Jobs to choose from. Remember to check the TV Shopping Channel regularly and buy uniforms to unlock additional Jobs. These jobs will also appear in Career Mode.
- Practice, Practice, Practice. Practice Jobs in Career mode to earn more money in the Employment Office story mode.
- Memorial Channel Items: Remember that purchasing items gives you points, which in turn allows you to buy items to defeat the meteor (s). Memorial Channel items by far give you the most amount of points (15%).
- Talk to people: Some uniforms will only be available after talking to certain characters in the game. On Sundays make a point of exploring and occasionally talk to various characters.
- Manage your Time: Always be aware of what time of the week it is and how long you have before the meteor will hit. There are items you can purchase with points that will delay the meteor. Also be aware that Sunday is you day off. Try to use Sundays as you day to buy items.
- Level your Jobs: As you play the various Job mini games in Employment office, you gain experience. When you level up from Novice to Pro you get a $500 bonus and when you level up from Pro to Expert you get a $1000 bonus. Leveling you jobs also unlocks more challenging mini games which in turn offer more money.
- If the Meteor hits: If the meteor hits all is not lost as Gramps will save the day. Unfortunately you will suffer a monetary loss and your character will be impaired for 2 weeks. You will however get an additional 14 days
Specific Job Tips:
- TV Shopping Crew: When the host throws fruit and vegetables at you to swing at, wait until they are slightly behind the character before you swing.
- Fisher: To win big bucks try and catch multiple schools of fish. Wait until the fish cross paths before you throw the net.
- Courier: If you fall down there is a brief period of time where you character will flash. During this time you character cannot be harmed. Use this to your advantage and move out of harms way.
- Firefighter: Use short burst of water to put out fires. Don’t keep spraying water.
- Security Guard: Always watch the guy with the Mohawk.
- Haunted House Crew: Don’t forget to change the outfit the same color as the person you are trying to scare. You can do this by pushing left or right on the directional button. This will give you more money.