Guitar Hero Now Available on App Store
Having transformed the way over 40 million people across the globe experience music, the biggest music videogame franchise ever created, Guitar Hero, is now available for the first time on iPhone and iPod Touch, Activision Publishing, Inc. announced today. Created by Guitar Hero veteran developer, Vicarious Visions, Inc., and based on the easy-to-play / challenging-to-master mechanics, the new game features all-new, addictive gameplay exclusively designed for the iPhone and iPod Touch that will keep players rocking out as they strum, tap, slide and whammy to the hottest tracks from the bands they know and love such as Queen, Rise Against, The Rolling Stones, Vampire Weekend, Weezer and The White Stripes.
Built exclusively from the ground up for the iPhone and iPod Touch, the Guitar Hero app takes full advantage of the platforms’ functionality and features a robust avatar customization mode that lets players personalize their game; built-in social integration so gamers can share their scores with their friends on Facebook, check leaderboards and get updates through in-game news feeds; innovative new mechanics that challenge fans to tap, strum and whammy their way to the top of the Rock Ranks; and the ability to download new tracks from an in-game music store; wannabe rock stars will be shredding on guitar or ripping it up on bass whenever, wherever they want.
“With Guitar Hero for the iPhone and iPod Touch, we are once again leveraging our leadership position in the music/rhythm videogame space to deliver an all-new Guitar Hero experience that millions of people around the world can enjoy anytime, anywhere,” said David Haddad, Chief Operating Officer for Guitar Hero. “From our headliner set list in the base app and forthcoming song packs to the innovative new social integration and guitar shredding gameplay mechanics, Guitar Hero will let players experience and interact with music in all-new ways.”
The Guitar Hero base app will feature the following tracks:
· Queen – “We Are The Champions” · Rise Against – “Savior” · The Rolling Stones – “Paint It Black” · Vampire Weekend – “Cousins” · Weezer – “Say It Ain’t So” · The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
Six additional song packs, featuring three songs each, will also be available at launch.
Song Pack featuring The Faint, Minus the Bear and Silversun Pickups:
· The Faint – “The Geeks Were Right” · Minus the Bear – “Secret Country” · Silversun Pickups – “Substitution”
Song Pack featuring Band of Skulls, Obits and The White Stripes:
· Band of Skulls – “Death By Diamonds And Pearls” · Obits – “Two-Headed Coin” · The White Stripes – “Blue Orchid”
Song Pack featuring Darkest Hour, The Dillinger Escape Plan and Protest the Hero:
· Darkest Hour – “The Tides” · The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Farewell, Mona Lisa” · Protest the Hero – “Limb From Limb”
Song Pack featuring A Day to Remember, AFI and Breaking Benjamin:
· A Day to Remember – “I’m Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?” · AFI – “Medicate” · Breaking Benjamin – “Diary of Jane”
Song Pack featuring Vampire Weekend
· “A-Punk” · “Giving Up The Gun” · “Holiday”
Song Pack featuring Queen
· “Another One Bites The Dust” · “Fat Bottomed Girls” · “Killer Queen”
Guitar Hero for the iPhone and iPod Touch is available for $2.99 from the App Store, and song packs are only available through the Guitar Hero app and cost $1.99 each. For more information about Guitar Hero for the iPhone and iPod Touch, please visit GuitarHero.com.