GTA Online title update released for PS3, Xbox 360 version coming 'as soon as possible'
As promised, Rockstar delivered a title update that will hopefully smooth out the issues plaguing Grand Theft Auto Online. The update is only available for the PlayStation 3 version of the game, but Rockstar is currently working on getting the Xbox 360 update out "as soon as possible today."
No official patch notes have been released yet, but I'm going to assume it addresses many of the issues Rockstar has been listing on their status hub page. The list includes the following known issues:
General network/cloud server issues
- "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Errors about jobs failing to start or load
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
- Long matchmaking load screens, eventually timing out after 10-15 minutes
- Offline (disc-based) and online content mixing on the Jobs list
- Ending up in a free-roam session with no jobs/markers on the map while playing as a temporary character during a cloud outage
Issues getting past the first Tutorial Race
- Freezing while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Seeing the same cut-scene twice in a row and then getting stuck on a load screen
- Getting stuck transitioning into the lobby or race while other players are joining/leaving
- Race Corona (start area, marker) not showing up for first race
Social Club Issues
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc).
We'll be sure to keep you updated when the Xbox 360 patch is released. And hopefully Rockstar will release some patch notes when both versions are out. In the meantime, keep it tuned to GameZone for all your GTA info.