GTA Online gets skinny jeans and retro tees in new 'I'm Not a Hipster' Update
Fresh off announcing Grand Theft Auto 5 for Xbox One, PS4, and PC, Rockstar Games has released a new update for GTA Online, the online multiplayer portion of the game. The "I'm Not a Hipster Update" adds all new features and clothing including retro print tees, skinny jeans, hairstyles, tattoos, animal masks, and more. There's also "additional enhancements to general gameplay to ensure the world is constantly evolving." What's even better, the update is "post ironic, artisanal, organic, entirely independent, and 100% re-claimed."
In addition to the funky hipster clothing there's seven new vehicles. The Glendale, Warrener, Blade, and Rhapsody are all affordable cars that seem casual on the surface, but have "hidden potential to be unleashed" with a few modifications. For those of you conscious about global warming and sh*t, you can get the Panto microcar. And then, of course, there's the 3-axel, 7-seater Dubsta (unlocks at Rank 100) for those of you who roll deep with a crew. At Ammu-Nation, you can get the two latest "non-ironic" trendy weapons, the Vintage Pistol and the Antique Cavalry Dagger. Lastly, you'll also find 12 new Jobs across a variety of game modes.
This update also introduces tons of tweaks to Grand Theft Auto Online. A few of the notable changes, according to Rockstar, can be seen below:
Ten existing GTAV vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website for purchase, including Story Mode characters’ vehicles:
- Albany Primo
- BF Surfer
- Bravado Buffalo
- Franklin's Bravado Buffalo S
- Bravado Youga
- Cheval Picador
- Dundreary Regina
- Trevor's Karin Rebel (clean version)
- Trevor's Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer
- Michael's Obey Tailgater
- Pure Gold and Brushed Gold paint colors have been added to LS Customs in the ‘Metals’ category. These unlock at Rank 100.
- A new Pure Black window tint has been added to LS Customs, along with four new jazzy vehicle horns (including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive).
- Eight new individual player celebrations and four new paired Celebration animations have been added.
- Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
- Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
- Fixed an issue where some four-wheel drive vehicles had reverted to two-wheel drive.
- Players are now able to bookmark Jobs whilst in a Playlist from the Pause menu.
- Tear Gas now does more damage and lasts longer.
- A small tick has been added to the first screen in the corona if a player has played a Job before, much like in the pause menu or Next Job Voting Screen.
- The level of difficulty is now displayed when pressing D-pad down when playing Missions.