Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 Now Available, DLC Detailed
Today, Spec 2.0 is officially out, bringing Gran Turismo fans new content based upon input from fans.
Some new content that the update provides includes:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
- User control of the weather change feature
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
- Spec 2.0 opening movie
- Improved UI response and usability
- Replay fast forward/rewind
- Mid-race save feature for endurance races
- Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races)
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from gran-turismo.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings)
- Expanded Photo travel features (you can now take photos of cars together with your avatar)
- Added a "NASCAR Pit Scene" stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motor Sport
- Improved physics and AI
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel
Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi has more content coming in the future including "a racing car pack, a course pack, and a racing gear pack."
The Course Pack includes a Belgium-based Sap-Francorchamps that will be weather-customisable, in addition to a night-time kart track. The Course Pack will retail for $4.99.
The Racing Car Pack ($7.99) adds 15 vehicles like the Red Bull X2011 Prototype ’11, which is currently up for grabs for one week as a free gift as a result of Sebastian Vettel nabbing his second Formula One world championship.
The last DLC mentioned is the Racing Gear Pack ($2.99) and the Paint Pack ($1.99) which brings new helmets, overalls, and new colours.
Of course, you can always bundle all of the DLC for $11.99 on October 18.