Get Notch to shave his beard with the Mojam 2 Humble Bundle
As most of you know Mojam kicked off this week, with Minecraft developer Mojang splitting into three separate teams each tasked with creating a game inspired by you. Following Mojam, these games -- along with games from fellow indie studios Grapefrukt, Ludosity, Oxeye Game Studio, Vlambeer, and Wolfire Games -- will be packaged as part of a Humble Bundle that you can purchase for whatever price you choose.
If you're unfamiliar with how a Humble Bundle works, you basically choose to pay whatever you want for the games offer. The proceeds are usually then split between the studios, Humble Bundle website, and charity. In the case of Mojam, all proceeds will go to charity. By donating you can support two non-profit organizations: The Electronic Frontier Foundation and Block By Block.
As incentive for donating, Minecraft creator Markus 'Notch' Persson has offered to shave his beard if $500,000 is raised. As if getting six games isn't enough incentive, now we have this. As of right now $345,218 have been donated and we still have 25 hours remaining. I'd personally love to see Notch's face smooth as a baby's bottom so go donate!
If you care more about the games, we don't yet have the names of each one yet, but we do have the themes (voted on by you) for them.
- Mojang's Striped Zebra team is making a French Nuclear Spaceship game.
- The Giraff Macka team at Mojang will be basing their game around Endless Nuclear Kittens.
- Mojang's Cyborg Hippo team is using a Nuclear Pizza War theme.
- Wolfire will be making a Nuclear Endless War themed game.
- Vlambeer's game will be themed around Wasteland Kings.
- Ludosity will be using a Interplanetary Void theme.
You can get a better idea for how each game is shaping up by watching the Mojam 2013 livestream below.
If you'd like to purchase the Humble Bundle Mojam 2, support these non-profit organizations, and see Notch beardless, then donate here.