Gamescampus.com to Publish Tank Ace
December 1, 2009
GAMESCAMPUS TO PUBLISH TANK ACE, AN ALL-NEW ONLINE WWII THIRD PERSON SHOOTER GAME
Coming This Winter, Players Can Create Their Own Tanks And Battle In This Historically Accurate Tank Warfare Game
San Jose-based online game publisher, Gamescampus.com,
announced today their upcoming online title for the PC, Tank Ace.
Scheduled to launch in early 2010, this unique third-person shooter game will feature realistic World War II battlefields and vehicle stats based on actual historical facts. The game will be free to download and play and will officially launch in early 2010 with a beta test occurring later this year. To learn more about Tank Ace and to get a sneak peek at the game players can visit http://tankace.gamescampus.com.
In this action-packed WWII shooter, players will choose a historically accurate tank and then customize it by adding additional armor, different styles of camouflage, body art, kill marks, and clan insignias. Featuring realistic WWII battlefields and historically accurate specifications like realistic recoil action and tank tactics, Tank Ace is all about winning battlefield strategies.
"With more than 10 years of experience in creating tank shooting games, we have been impressed with BOB Studios' work on this fantastic new WWII shooter," said Jonathan Stypula of GamesCampus. "Tank Ace is packed with some astounding features and offers an engaging battle experience that is like nothing else available online today."
Players can gather up their friends and create their own clan to plan a winning strategy. Cowboys that charge headlong into the fray will be in for a rude awakening if they get picked off by an enemy that they didn't even see. Using terrain features like hills and trees to wait in ambush, players can coordinate an assault with advanced pincer, flanking, and other historically accurate tactics.
Tank Ace Features
- Realistic tanks with historically accurate stats: Customize tanks by adding additional armor, different styles of camouflage, body art, kill marks, and clan insignias.
- World War II Factions: Players can choose to join one of three different sides from World War II: Russia, Germany, and USA. Each faction gains access to a unique stable of historic tanks, uniforms, and in-game items.
- Ease of control: Using WASD controls, players will immediately be able to control their tanks. The mouse is used to rotate the turret, aim, and fire. Users can also select various views on the fly, such as the Commander View, Gunner View, Driver View, and Scout View. Each view has its own benefits and drawbacks. Choose the best one for the situation you find yourself in.
- It's pure tactics! : Gather up your friends and create your best strategy. Call in Air Support to scout out an enemy stronghold and take them out. Use Field Artillery to soften up the opposition. Tired of that barn hiding the enemy approach? Blast it away!
- Area Specific Damage System: Tanks in Tank Ace have 10 hit areas, each with a different defense rating. Focus on attacking areas with lower defense ratings, or conceal those areas for defensive stances. Just as in real life, the front of the tank is the most highly armored area and the rear is vulnerable. If you really want to stick it to the enemy, send a shell right up their tail pipe!
For additional details on Tank Ace and for updates on the upcoming Beta test, please visit http://tankace.gamescampus.com.